Welcome to the Patent Institute of Training!
The Patent Institute of Training (PIT) provides a variety of training for various demographics. For instance, we provide scientists/engineers, paralegals, law students, patent agents, patent attorneys, and aspiring patent litigators with the practical patent knowledge necessary to enter into a career in the patent industry. We also provide corporate entities and inventors with the practical know-how to strategically manage their inventions and patent portfolios to generate additional revenue.
PIT teaches its students the patent drafting and administrative process, methods for analyzing and strengthening patent portfolios, and how to draft sample patent-documents for patent litigation.
Our curriculum and learning strategies were developed by patent agents and patent attorneys with proven industry success. We allow our students to draft patent applications under the tutelage of attorneys and patent agents with more than 100 years of combined experience.
PIT faculty backgrounds are very diverse: inventors, entrepreneurs, patent prosecutors, patent litigators, in-house counsel, and former USPTO employees. Furthermore, our faculty have drafted, prosecuted, interviewed, and litigated hundreds of patents and patent patent application.
Who Should Attend?
- Aspiring or Practicing IP Practitioners
- Law firms looking to increase return on investment (ROI) of Associates and Paralegals can request our Customized Training Program
- Corporate Entities looking to help its employees/inventors broaden their patent knowledge can request our Customized Training Program
- Law schools looking to help their students obtain practical experiences to help the students qualify for jobs
Why Should You Attend?
- To Gain Practical Patent Drafting & Prosecution Experience
- To Enhance your Resume
- To understand how your patent portfolio can generate revenue for your company
- Continued Legal Education (CLE) – Patent Curriculum (Now Approved for CLE in GA, CA, TX, OH, and more)
- CLE Credit May be Applied Toward National Association of Patent Practitioners (NAPP) Best Practices for Risk Reduction
- To Expand Your Network of Patent Professionals
- PIT Provides Proactive Employment Recruitment to Help You Find a Job
Why PIT is a Unique Training Opportunity?
PIT believes that patent prosecution and litigation is an art form that cannot be taught in 3 – 4 days, therefore our program is extended to actually teach the art form of patent drafting and not just provide an overview. Continuing in this line of thought, our Paralegal program is designed to allow our Paralegals to experience the practical experiences of working for a law firm.
PIT offers distance learning via our live virtual classroom for those who are geographically remote, so Enroll today and get the experience you need to be an immediate asset to employers!