Welcome to the Patent Institute of Training!
The Patent Institute of Training (PIT) provides engineers, corporate entities, paralegals, law students, patent agents, patent attorneys, and aspiring patent litigators with the practical patent knowledge necessary to enter into a career in the patent industry. PIT teaches its students the patent drafting and administrative process, methods for analyzing different patent applications, and how to draft sample patent applications.
Our curriculum and learning strategies were developed by patent agents and patent attorneys with proven industry success. We allow our students to draft patent applications under the tutelage of attorneys and patent agents with more than 100 years of combined experience.
PIT faculty backgrounds are very diverse: inventors, entrepreneurs, in-house counsel, and former USPTO employees. Furthermore, our faculty has drafted, prosecuted, and interviewed hundreds of applications before the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO).
Who Should Attend?
- Aspiring or Practicing IP Practitioners
- Law firms looking to increase return on investment (ROI) of Associates and Paralegals can request our Customized Training Program
- Corporate Entities looking to help its employees broaden their patent knowledge can request our Customized Training Program
- Law schools looking to help their students obtain practical experiences to help the students qualify for jobs
Why Should You Attend?
- To Gain Practical Patent Drafting & Prosecution Experience
- To Enhance your Resume
- Continued Legal Education (CLE) - Patent Curriculum (2 ethics hrs, 2 professionalism hrs, and 25 regular hours granted by State Bar of Georgia – will apply in other states as requested)
- CLE Credit May be Applied Toward National Association of Patent Practitioners (NAPP) Best Practices for Risk Reduction
- To Expand Your Network of Patent Professionals
- PIT Provides Proactive Employment Recruitment to Help You Find a Job
Why PIT is a Unique Training Opportunity?
PIT believes that patent drafting and prosecution is an art form that cannot be taught in 3 – 4 days, therefore our program is extended to actually teach students the art form of patent drafting and not just provide an overview. Continuing in this line of thought, our Paralegal program is designed to allow our Paralegals to experience the practical experiences of working for a law firm.
PIT offers distance learning for those who are geographically remote, so Enroll today and get the experience you need to be an immediate asset to employers!