Welcome to the Patent Institute of Training!
The Patent Institute of Training provides engineers, corporate entities, law students, patent agents, patent attorneys, and aspiring patent litigators with the practical patent drafting experience necessary to enter into a career in the patent industry. PIT teaches its students the patent drafting process, methods for analyzing different patent applications, and how to draft sample patent applications.
Our curriculum and learning strategies were developed by patent agents and patent attorneys with proven industry success. We allow our students to draft patent applications under the tutelage of attorneys and patent agents with more than 100 years of combined experience.
PIT faculty backgrounds are very diverse: inventors, entrepreneurs, in-house counsel, and former USPTO employees. Furthermore, our faculty has drafted, prosecuted, and interviewed hundreds of applications before the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO).
Who Should Attend?
- Aspiring or Practicing IP Practitioners
- Law firms looking to increase return on investment (ROI) of Associates and Paralegals can request our customized training program
- Corporate Entities looking to help its employees broaden their patent knowledge can request our customized training program
- Law schools looking help their students obtain practical experiences to help the students qualify for jobs
Why Should You Attend?
- To Gain Practical Patent Drafting & Prosecution Experience
- To Enhance your Resume
- Continued Legal Education (CLE) - Patent Curriculum (2 ethics hrs, 2 professionalism hrs, and 25 regular hrs granted by State Bar of Georgia)
- CLE Credit May be Applied Toward National Association of Patent Practitioners (NAPP) Certification
- To Expand Your Network of Patent Professionals
- PIT Provides Proactive Employment Recruitment to Help You Find a Job